- Google Drive
Quiz File Upload External Example
Quiz File Upload Embed Example
HTML Lesson Embed
Student File Upload Use-case
With a little customization, it's possible for Skilljar Students to upload files for admin review. It even works in exams!
Student File Upload Functionality Explanation
Do you need your Students to upload a file or set of files for admin review in your course curriculum? With a little creativity and external technology, it's possible to streamline this workflow with Skilljar.
This solution leverages 3 different components:
1. Skilljar free form response assessment questions with manual grading turned on. This turns a response to a question of this type into a 'Task' object under the 'Students' section of the dashboard for manual admin review/grading.
2. Google Forms + Google Scripts and a connected Google Drive account. This form allows an anonymous user to upload any file directly to your Google Drive account into a new folder containing their name and email.
1. Student registers for the course and clicks into the lesson containing the quiz with the free form response question for file upload.
2. Student clicks the "Upload File" button, which sends them to the Google Form with their name and email already pre-populated.
3. Student clicks the "Upload" button on the form, and selects the file or .ZIP package they want to submit for review. This file is uploaded to your Google Drive in a new folder containing their name and email.
4. Now that their file is uploaded to the DropBox, Student navigates back to Skilljar and writes an explanation of the file they just uploaded and clicks "Submit", which converts their response into a Task and let's the Skilljar Admins know there is a new file for review.
5. Student receives an email once their submission has been graded by admin, which contains a link to view their grade and feedback for their assessment.
1. Admin navigates to the newly created folder in their Google Drive that represents the most recent Student file submission.
2. Admin downloads the file and reviews the work inside.
3. Admin navigates to the "Tasks" tab of the "Students" section of the Skilljar Admin Dashboard and clicks into the 'Quiz Response' Task that corresponds to the file submission.
4. Admin marks passed or failed for the submission, and adds an optional comment as feedback that gets immediately emailed to the Student.